[NAGDU] New dog keeps pooping in my house!

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 15:13:51 UTC 2018

I've been having similar issues with my new guide, though to a lesser extent. As others have said, you definitely need to go back to having her on leash, tie down, or crated either all the time or whenever you can't closely supervise her. Something GDF suggested I do is keep a relieving log for a set period of time. this helps figure out if there is a pattern in the relieving which can help determine if you need to change the relieving routine or  possibly even food or water.

There certainly could be a medical issue going on, but I personally would try to rule out simply needing  to adjust the relieving with such a new dog. This is especially true if her stool is a normal consistency.
I’ve been keeping the log for a week and already determined that most accidents happen shortly after her morning meal regardless of whether she already pooped before eating or not for example. Also keep close note of her behavior when she is loose. Jackie for example is very pushy when she needs to relieve when on leash or tie down and will paw, whine, nudge, and generally won't settle. when she is loose, she casually walks over to the door and walks away. That's all the signal I get, but that's also the only time she goes near the front door. It took me a while to pick up on  this. your girl may have a subtle signal to let you know she needs to relieve that you may not have noticed right away.

If you notice her stool is loose or she is straining, then a medical issue is definitely possible.
Danielle, Thai, and Jackie
Sent from my iPhone