[NAGDU] FYI FW: Regarding CA State Guide Dog Board

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Tue Jan 2 20:44:26 UTC 2018

While this is really good news, and it's really long past time, I'm left with the thought that the requirement for guide dog schools to submit a list of their staff seems a bit unnecessary and a way to generate more paperwork, at best. Since the requirement is that someone must either be qualified by virtue of having the specialized skills and abilities to work with blind people and train guide dogs, *or* be employed by a guide dog program (presumably, such employees would have said specialized knowledge), how is this provision even enforceable, given that it's an *or*, not an *and*? It's great that it isn't an *and* provision, so owner trainers and  private trainers should be covered, not to mention programs that aren't IGDF accredited (thinking of Pilot and Eye Dog Foundation specifically, though probably not exclusively).

So I guess my question here is, apart from appeasing some special interest or other, what's the point of that particular provision?

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Mobile (preferred): (814) 431-0962
Email: buddy at brannan.name
"We are all just walking each other home."