[NAGDU] Piddler

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Jan 9 18:51:04 UTC 2018

For some reason, Krokus has decided it's OK to pee in the corner of my
living room.  I'd noticed a pee smell, and a bit of pee, but I thought it
was just dribbles.  He has this long-standing problem of drinking, then
needing to go out urgently, and he lets me know he has to go by rushing
around and sometimes dribbling.
But last night he came down, and I heard him peeing.  I let him know that
was not acceptable, and rushed him out, then did my best, again, to clean
it up.  I hope he got the message.  When he first came home, and was
getting a little off-leash freedom, he thought it would be OK to pee on
the bathroom door in the kitchen, until I caught him at it and laid down
the law.  He hasn't done it since, so I don't know why he decided to start
up again.  And I wonder if his urgency problem will get worse, as he gets
older. It seems like a shorter time now, between drinking and needing to
go out, so I've misjudged the time to take him before he starts dribbling.
Of all the things I've written to go with my guide dog application, I
never even imagined "must be housebroken" had to be one of them.
Tracy