[NAGDU] How to stop puppy biting and potty training

Julie Johnson julielj at neb.rr.com
Sun Jan 21 11:32:32 UTC 2018

For biting, I like to make a yelp noise, imitating what other puppies would
do if the play is too rough.  Then follow that up with immediate ending of
the play session.  You don't have to stop playing for long, a few minutes,
just enough to communicate the message that the behavior will result in no
fun.

For housebreaking, a schedule plus lots of outside opportunities.   A crate
is also super useful, when you can't watch the puppy or it's nap time.  I'd
probably start with taking the puppy out every hour and paying attention to
when the puppy goes to figure out that particular puppy's needs and pattern.
You can gradually extend the time between breaks or eliminate the breaks
when you are certain the puppy doesn't need to go.  I think it's better to
have too many outside times than to clean up messes.

HTH
Julie
On The Go with Guide-and-Service-Dogs.com
http://www.guide-and-service-dogs.com
also find my products in the Blind Mice Mega Mall
<https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/Directory_Departments?storeid=1916046>