[NAGDU] Fwd: Delta

Jordan Gallacher jordangandbelto at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 23:09:09 UTC 2018

I agree with Mike on this.
Jordan

-----Original Message-----
From: NAGDU [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Michael Forzano
via NAGDU
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2018 1:35 PM
To: NAGDU Mailing List, the National Association of Guide Dog Users
<nagdu at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Michael Forzano <michaeldforzano at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [NAGDU] Fwd: Delta

I think it is totally unreasonable to have to provide vaccination records,
period. Even if I can bring them the day of the flight. It is a burden that
others do not have, and infringes on our right to access. Think about it, do
we have to provide stores, restaurants, Uber drivers with vaccination
records for our dogs? Of course not, because the ADA forbids it. If it turns
out that Delta's policy isn't a violation of the ACAA, they are exploiting a
loophole. I am glad NAGDU is taking quick action on this. If others on the
list are okay with going through this red tape that won't even solve the
underlying issue, that's fine and great, but it's not something I and many
others are comfortable with.

As someone who travels often, it is important to me that I can book a
flight, check in online, show up at the airport and go  straight through
TSA. This new policy makes that impossible. And if implemented, the other
airlines will likely soon follow Delta's lead.

My dog is from Guiding Eyes, and we were not advised to always carry
documentation, as it should be. Like I said, I have never shown
documentation of any kind in my 7 years of being a guide dog user.

Mike