[NAGDU] Delta's new rules

Scott Berry sb356607 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 22:51:22 UTC 2018

Hello there,

I have heard at least one person say it doesn’t do any good to go to news outlets.  Well let’s see here is the letter I wrote to our station here in Billings, Montana a town of 100,000 and a major player for Delta for years as Northwest came in here before the conglomeration became Delta.
Here is the letter I wrote to the news outlet and if it doesn’t work keep submitting that’s how you advocate and get things accomplished.  As my father who passed always told me it only takes one person to turn a wheel.  People should try it and see what happens.

	Hello there,

It has been a very sad few days in the blindness community as Delta has implemented new rules for guide dogs.  These rules can be found here:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/special-travel-needs/service-animals.html

These rules make it very difficult for people who are visually impaired or totally blind to fly with their guide dogs due to the documentation necessary 48 hours before flying.  One situation which has been Brought up on a guide dog list for the blind is the fact that what if there is an emergency which requires that one leave in a hurry and can’t submit the documentation in time?  This is not always possible.  I’d like someone to please take a look at these rules and if possible please do a segment on this as it affects not only the blind but people who have relevant service dogs but unfortunately some people have fake dogs or dogs which are not trained for any kind of job and get unruly on the aircraft henceforth the President of Delta has put these in to a ruling.  What needs to happen is that the management of Delta needs to be very educated along with their employees.  Thank you so much for your time.

Scott B.