[NAGDU] Nylabones

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 26 21:02:46 UTC 2018

Hello:

My sister just called me and told me that her vet said that Nylabones are
not good for our dogs.  Her pet dog, a Dalmatian mix, broke one of her back
teeth.  The vet claims that the Nylabones are so hard that they can cause
dogs teeth to crack and break.  I have been a guide dog user for almost 43
years and my dogs have always chewed the natural bones or the Nylabones.
The guide dog schools I have attended always recommend the Nylabones as a
good chew bone and some schools even give them on class.  Eva has several
Nylabones that I would hate to throw away but I will if they are not good
for her.  She also has some of the soft Nylabone dental chews which are a
softer type of rubber which is what my sister’s vet is safe to give the
dogs.  Have any of you heard this from your vets?  I have always thought
chewing bones helped the dogs teeth and gums.  What do you think?

Sandra Johnson and Eva
SLJohnson25 at comcast.net