[NAGDU] Dynamic Guide Dog ResearchProject During Convention

NAGDU President blind411 at verizon.net
Sun Jun 24 00:28:05 UTC 2018

Dear All,

                I have been speaking with Dr. kalesh for several months and
am very interested in the research she is performing. Dr. Kalesh will
address our gathering during our seminar on Tuesday, July 3 at 4:45 p.m.
Please take the time to read the following announcement about her research
project and consider helping her and her doctoral students out!

Dynamic Research Participation Opportunity while at NAGDU!

IF YOU ARE:

.      18 years old or older

.      Possess a working knowledge of the English Language

.      Considered legally or totally blind

.      Able to walk regularly outside your home with a guide dog

.      Able to walk regularly outside your home with a white cane.

Take this opportunity to participate in the data collection sponsored by the
University of North Georgia Physical Therapy Department from Dahlonega, GA.

The purpose of this study is to collect information on the way a person who
is legally blind, walks while using a guide dog and then a white cane.

Time and Location:

Tuesday, July 3   Wekiwa 5

7:30am-1:30pm

Tuesday, July 3 near Panzacola Ballroom F-2, Level 1 5:00pm-7:00pm

For more information, please contact:

Sue Ann Kalish, PT, DPT, OCS, Dip SOMM

Associate Professor; Research Primary Investigator

 <mailto:Sueann.kalish at ung.edu> Sueann.kalish at ung.edu

PH: 706.265.5964

Documents for informed consent and intake are attached for your inspection.
If you wish, fill these forms out and bring them with you. You may also mail
them to Dr. Kalish.

Thank you for your consideration.

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc. (NAGDU)

National Federation of the Blind

(813) 626-2789

President at NAGDU.ORG

Visit our website <http://nagdu.org/>

Follow us on Twitter <http://twitter.com/nagdu>

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind  people
and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you back.