[NAGDU] questions on when to get a dog and how it affects international travel

Gabriel Moloney gmoloney6467 at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 15 12:38:19 UTC 2018

hi there
I would agree with the comment from Julie I think, I am in work at the moment and am busy enough which is good.  Again welcome to the list.  Its hard to say when to apply for a guide, when I was diagnosed with R>P> awhile back it took me awhile to adapt to the OMI training with a kane before moving to working a guide I applied for my first guide a year after my R.P. was diagnosed.
It is a personal choice when to apply.  In regards to International Travel, I can only speak for Ireland you would need to get documents signed off from your Bet frames, flee and worm treatment at least 48ours before traveling to Ireland you would need to inform the DOA in ireland my email that you are traveling with a guide dog, you will be met at Dublin airport by inspector from DOA who will check your dog’s paperwork and that is it for your dog coming into Ireland, a bet to Ireland might be required for your return trip to USA I always do this when traveling overseas.  Again at least 48hours before return trip.
hope this has helped
Gabriel