[NAGDU] Remembering our dogs

Tara Briggs thflute at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 04:07:48 UTC 2018

  Hi all! Back in August, a dear friend of mine retired her guy dog. She came home with her new German Shepherd about three weeks ago. This dog  was pretty amazing! Actually, if I’m being honest  meeting this dog is the only time in my life I wanted to still a  friend’s service animal. I actually wrote an email to this list a little while ago about German Shepherd‘s and how much I like them. Anyway, a week ago, tragically, my friend got in a car accident. My friend and her husband are OK but her dog was killed. Obviously, it’s been a pretty hard time for my friend. Times like this are so incredibly difficult because we just want to do something or say something to make it all better and there’s really not much to say or do. Anyway, I got my friend a pet remembrance bracelet off of Etsy. The shop was called inspirationsofem. The bracelet looks similar to the Alex and Ani bracelets. But it has a few more charms. It has a dog bone, and angel wing, and two tags with each of her dogs names on them. I hope this will be something special to my friend. Her dog was really special and really beautiful! Anyway, In addition to sharing the story, I was curious in what ways you have honored or remembered your guides. Have any of you lost service animal at far  two young an age? If so, how did you work through it? How did you heal. My friend has just been on my mind so much lately! I retired my first guide when she was nine, and Miami, my current guide, will be retired most likely next month.  She is 10 years old. I’ll be getting my new  dog in September. So both of my guides have  lasted for a long time. Anyway, thanks for reading and thanks for any responses.
Tara

Sent from my iPhone