[NAGDU] older dogs

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Mar 28 18:00:28 UTC 2018

Hi Sherry.
One thing I found really helpful with my old gal was the mobile vet--a vet
who comes to the house.  It was pretty reasonable, too.  I don't remember it
costing more than a regular vet visit, once I added in the amount I'd spend
taking a taxi there and back.
In her last couple years, Echo really came to hate going anywhere.  I think
her arthritis made it uncomfortable to get in and out of cars, or even to
lie on the floor in one.  And maybe her failing mind was comfortable at
home, but not out of familiar surroundings.  So it was great to find a vet
who could take care of any ordinary thing she needed in the comfort of her
own home.  And, when the day came she could no longer get up, the vet put
her to sleep where she was comfortable.
I don't know if one can find a mobile vet everywhere, but it's worth looking
into, IMO.
Tracy