[NAGDU] First-Time Guide Dog Users' Survey for Doctoral Dissertation

NAGDU President blind411 at verizon.net
Sun May 13 23:54:09 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues,

                We have been asked to disseminate the following announcement
on behalf of a guide dog user and doctoral student. Please consider helping
this effort if you meet the guidelines.

Fraternally yours,

Marion

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc. (NAGDU)

National Federation of the Blind

(813) 626-2789

President at NAGDU.ORG

Visit our website <http://nagdu.org/>

Follow us on Twitter <http://twitter.com/nagdu>

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind  people
and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you back.

Please distribute the following announcement as widely as appropriate.

Are YOU a First Time Dog Guide User?

My name is Jason Doorish, and I am a Doctoral candidate at Texas Woman's
University in Denton, Texas. I am blind, and obtained my first dog guide ten
years ago. I'm conducting an online study to better understand why people
choose a dog guide as a mobility aid and the impact that decision has on the
person and on their family system.

You can be included in the study if you:

1.            Identify as visually impaired or blind.

2.            Have received your first dog guide within the past year.

3.            Use your dog guide as your primary mobility aid.

4.            Live in the United States, are at least 18 years of age, and
can read and write English at a fifth grade level or higher.

5.            Are able to access the internet to complete the survey
independently.

If you might be interested in participating in this study, please click on
the following link or copy and paste it into your web browser. The study is
estimated to take about 30 minutes or less of your time and it's
anonymous-no names are used. The study's Welcome Page will get you started.
This study is voluntary and you may withdraw at anytime.

https://www.psychdata.com/s.asp?SID=181989

Thank you for your time and considering taking part in my research.

Questions? Please contact me or my research advisor at the information
provided at the end of this email.

Jason Doorish MS LPC-S

jdoorish at twu.edu

940/597-3469

Faculty adviser:

Linda Brock Ph.D.

lbrock at twu.edu

940/898-2713

There is a potential risk of loss of confidentiality in all email,
downloading, electronic meetings and internet transactions.