[NAGDU] October class at The Seeing Eye

Kerri Sprecher spedangel84 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 15:49:17 UTC 2018

Hello all,
I am very excited to report my acceptance into the Oct. 22 class at
the Seeing Eye. I have been there before, as I probably have written
about before, but 2006 was the last time I went, and there have been a
lot of good changes there since then, some of which I know about. My
question to you all is this.
I remember an email recently saying that the weather in NJ during
September would be cool, with rain possible but usually not snow until
later in the year. What kind of clothing should I pack during Oct. 22
through Nov. 8? I was planning on maybe a few pairs of jeans, a few
shorts, a pair of ong johns in case of a reallhy mildly cold day, tee
shirts and long sleeve blouses both, a warm jacket, and a light
cartigan, a couple of good pairs of broke-in walking shoes and a pair
of lace-up boots, so that just in case it rains and I have to step in
unavoidable puddles, my feet might get just a bit wet, but not as much
as if I only had tennis shoes. I also was told by admissions that they
don't allow the use of an umbrella, which I don't like using anyway
because of the way it blocks and distorts the surrounding
environmental signs; so do you all think a poncho would be sufficient?
I just want to be sure I'm packing the right clothing, so that I don't
have any regrets or have to go buy some clothes because I didn't pack
wisely.
Also, how do those of you travel with medications, and for those of
you with diabetes, if anyone, how do you travel with pre-loaded
syringes? I take the once-weekly Trulicity shot, and I'm planning to
pack the box it came in, because the TSA site says to pack medications
in the original containers, and although not required, it's highly
recommended that I pack them in the containers with prescription
labels on them, which means that the Trulicity box would take up room
in my carry-on bag. The pens themselves say Trulicity on them, but not
have my name on them, only the box does.
What kinds of screening precautions to those of you traveling with
medications take to make the process go more smoothly?
Needless to say I'm stoked! I'm ready for Dog Day on Wednesday the
24th, as you all can tell. :)
Talk soon, and thanks for your replies in advance,
--
Kerri Sprecher,  President
Big Country Chapter NFBTX
spedangel84 at gmail.com