[NAGDU] FW: Concerning Canine Heroes Auction

NAGDU President blind411 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 10 23:20:45 UTC 2018

Dear Fellow Federationists,

                As most of you know, the National Federation of the Blind
opposes blindness simulation as a fund raising activity. On Saturday,
October 13, Guide Dogs for the Blind will hold its annual
Canine Heroes Auction in San Francisco, Cal. to raise funds for their work.
During this fund raiser, they will serve one course of their meal under
blindfold. As a division of the National Federation of the Blind, the board
of directors of the National Association of Guide Dog Users unanimously
voted to send a letter to Guide Dogs for the Blind expressing our opposition
to this practice. I am forwarding this correspondence sent to Christine
Benninger, Chief Executive Officer of Guide Dogs for the Blind. Ms.
Benninger has sent a read receipt for this correspondence on Wednesday,
October 10, 2018 at 1:15 p.m. Pacific time. Please take the time to read the
correspondence below. I have retained the headers for your information.

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc. (NAGDU)

National Federation of the Blind

(813) 626-2789

President at NAGDU.ORG

 <http://nagdu.org/> Visit our website

 <http://twitter.com/nagdu> Follow us on Twitter

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind  people
and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you back.