[NAGDU] Time Off While In Guide Dog Training

Newton, Cherie cnewton at itsmarta.com
Thu Oct 11 12:57:17 UTC 2018

Hi Mike & Tracy,

The 2 times I've had to take time from work I was able to use some of my accrued Long Term Sick (LDS) time. The first time I was able to get an accelerated retraining with GDB, so only needed 2 weeks. The second time my current guide, my third came from Freedom and I only needed a week. I am awaiting a class date now at TSE and am working with HR once again to do the same. Since this will be my first time with TSE, they want me to have 4 weeks available although they say I'll probably go home in 2.5 weeks along with the other retrains. I have not had an answer from my HR department as of yet.

You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails

Cheers,

Cherie Newton & White Shepherd Guide Windy