[NAGDU] Gala with one course under blindfold

Tara Briggs thflute at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 21:32:12 UTC 2018

Hi Tracy! I do not think you were being overly sensitive at all!! I think that is a very inappropriate fundraiser I hate disability simulations unless they come along with education. There are also apparently studies to back you up. If anybody has more information on that pass it on but it is my understanding that they have done studies where if people simply simulate blindness  for a while their fears of blindness and their lack of understanding increases. I think it is Apsley disgraceful that a guide  dog school would do this!
Tara

Sent from my iPhone