[NAGDU] New Puppy, was unfamiliar places

Jody ianuzzi thunderwalker321 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 02:12:20 UTC 2019

Hi Rox

This is great news! I’m really glad you’re home with your new puppy! I love the name Phoenix

JODY

thunderwalker321 at gmail.com

"What's within you is stronger than what's in your way."  NO BARRIERS  Erik Weihenmayer

> [...]
>
> Hi,
> Her name is Phoenix, ok actually its Rebelfire's Reborn Spirit but thats just for the fancy CKC paperwork.  She is from a natural rearing breeder in Canada with field goldens.  this was her first litter.  Phoenix was one of 10 puppies. On the ultrasound there were only 9 and while they were being born the breeder was texting with me and surprise! There was a tenth puppy and I said, thats my dog!  Well the breeder did temperament tests with them at 7 weeks so we didn't actually know that for sure til after they were done.  She was born on 14 January and will make three months soon!  Today I actually had to go buy her a bigger collar because she outgrew her tiny baby collar.  We are working on house behaviors like appropriate toileting and how not to be a bratt when I eat.  I'm also teaching her her name and a hand target.  She is either on a leash or in a crate and doesn't really have much freedom because even on the leash she can get up to trouble in a hot minute!  She has gone on a couple of outings with me in her in training jacket although I'm very careful because she is not fully vaccinated yet.  she went to school with me last week and Rowan was working.  Phoenix had never done the steps before and I went to carry her down them but she watched Rowan do them and then you could just see her making up her mind to do them and she did and it was no big deal after that.  Whatever Rowan does, she has to do... This is not always the best as Rowan frequently shows poor judgement and firmly believes at time that the crime is worth the punishment, as it were.
> Phoenix will get her final vaccines in a couple of weeks and then can start actually walking in public places where other dogs go.   I am a teacher and have June off and plan on taking her all kinds of places.  It will be a lot of fun.  My previous golden, Shouty Mildred died last February and my house has been very empty without a golden in it.  Phoenix is pretty shouty herself so I  feel right at home with her.
> soleil just wishes we could take her back and wait for her to grow up before she came to live with us.  Phoenix barked and howled in the buffalo airport and if Soleil could have left us both there, I think she would have, lol.  Flying with one working dog and one "under the seat pet" takes quite a bit of nerve and a hip flask full of single malt scotch... lol!
> Anyway, its been fun, but I really can't wait til she can make it through the night without having to go out at 4 a.m.
>

> Rox'E and the Kitchen Bitches
> Soleil, Rowan, Phoenix
> pawpower4me at gmail.com
>
>> On Apr 2, 2019, at 8:30 PM, Patricia Homan via NAGDU <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Rox:
>> Please tell us about your new Puppy and the raer (spell)
>> My husband and I would like very much to get a golden puppy.

>>> t.org%2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Fnagdu_nfbnet.org%2Fpawpower4me%2540gmail.c
>>> om&data=02%7C01%7C%7C5ee1943ec7d34543c28108d6b7cde9b0%7C84df9e7fe9
>>> f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636898492343605293&sdata=NkjWb0RK