[NAGDU] guide dog question

Madison Martin maddymartin at mymts.net
Wed Apr 10 01:10:14 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I know that guide dogs are legally allowed  to accompany their handlers
everywhere, but I was just wondering do you have to take your guide dog with
you everywhere, or is it okay to leave them at home sometimes (as long as
you aren't gone for too long)? The reason that I ask is because here in
Brandon we have several horse shows as well as two dog shows, which I
absolutely love attending, but since I'm interacting with other animals, I'm
not sure how a guide dog would feel, and honestly I'm not sure that I want
to bring my guide dog with me since I'm going to be around and interacting
with  other animals. I also do horse-back riding lessons once a week. What
do you guys think, if I do get a guide dog, should I bring them with me to
these places, or should I leave my guide at home and use my cane instead?
Please be 100% honest. Look forward to hearing back from you guys! Thanks

Madison