[NAGDU] Chew toy alternatives

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Aug 4 14:04:59 UTC 2019

Krokus is a very oral dog.  He loves to chew, and he chews hard.  He loves
his Nyla-knot.  It's satisfying and de-stressing.  But I know it's also
hard, and I'd be interested to find an alternative, if it's equally
satisfying to DestructoDog.

We have the Goughnuts stick, and he'll pick it up sometimes, but he doesn't
want to really chew on it.

We have several Kongs, but they're not for chewing, in Krokus's book.

We have one of the thick ropes, and he chews that sometimes, but only for a
little while, and I don't really want him tearing up the rope and eating
bits.

Nothing gives him the chewing satisfaction of his Nyla-knot.

I've recently heard people talking about the Playology toys, and I see they
have a bone, but is it like the Goughnuts stick?  Or are there other chewing
choices?

I'm happy to buy the big guy another toy, but not another toy he doesn't
like, and definitely not a toy he'll tear to pieces in a short time,
especially if he could swallow large pieces.

Tracy