[NAGDU] Formal O&M and Guide Dog Schools

Piper Morton piperleighmorton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 22:07:26 UTC 2019

Hi again,

I'm sorry to post again. I have a question, though. After my current guide,
Carey, retires, I am wanting to apply to guide dog schools for my next dog.

But, I have a huge problem. I have never had formal O&M training. I taught
myself and travelled safely with a cane for about five years before I got
Carey.

Will I have to take formal O&M just to even be considered by any school? Do
they ever observe applicants and sort of waive that requirement?

Thanks again!

Piper and Carey