[NAGDU] Flexa-Pure bones

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Aug 30 13:07:11 UTC 2019

I just got 2 new bone toys for Krokus.  They're both made of Flexa-pure,
which the label says is a non-toxic polyurethane.  They feel like rubber,
but are also hard, in a different way than Nylabones are hard.  I'm really
happy with them so far.  They seem like they will be much easier on Krokus's
teeth than the Nylabone.  Krokus is a powerful chewer, and his efforts
haven't put even a mark on either of these new bones.

I'm not sure Krokus recognizes them as bones-at least, when I say "Get your
bone!" he doesn't grab one of them.  But he does chew them.  Also they are
much lighter than the Nylabone, so he enjoys juggling them, and rolling on
his back with one in his mouth.  They're also flexible, so we can play tug
with one.

The Jersey Dog bone has ridges along it, and vertical holes at each end.
It's pretty fat.  It can be found at www.jerseydogco.com.

The Bihler-flex bone is bone shaped, and has horizontal holes at each end.
I suppose that's so the dog can chomp down on the end, and it will move
some.  That one is at www.bihlerflex.com.

Each bone cost between $13-15, about the same as the Nyla-knot.

Tracy