[NAGDU] Krokus's new coat

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Dec 10 17:56:17 UTC 2019

With some effort, I bought Krokus a new coat from Ruff Wear.  It came today,
and it fits him as well as I remembered it did at the TSE reunion.

The style is called Vert, or possibly Vert Escape.  It comes in red or light
blue.  I picked red, and medium size.

It has a waterproof outside, and a light fleece insulator inside.  It seems
about as thick as the coat I got before from PetCo, but fits better.

I put his head through the neckhole, then it has a piece that comes down
between his front legs and attaches to the back with the same kind of clip
as is on my fanny pack.

There are also loops I can put his hind legs through, if I think that’s
good.  Otherwise, the loops just lie under the back of the coat, out of the
way.

The medium size covers his 60-pound self all the way neck to tail.  The
belly piece goes about ¾ of the way back, enough to cover his belly quite a
bit, without going so far back that he pees on it, which is the problem with
the PetCo coat.

All in all, it looks like a very nice coat.  It wasn’t cheap, but it doesn’t
feel cheap, and I expect to get many years of wear out of it.

People occasionally ask about coats, so I thought I’d talk about our new
one.

Tracy and the very stylish and cozy Krokus