[NAGDU] Response from Doctor's office about service dog exclusion

Retina pwolf1 at wolfskills.com
Fri Jan 4 20:49:13 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Thank you all for your responses about our being excluded from a doctor’s office with guide and service dogs.  I wrote to the physician.

He got the letter two days ago, and called today as I had requested.  I had said that we could discuss what changes needed to happen, or if not, that I would have to forward it to the agencies.  He laid out how he had taken all of the points we made to heart, and has already made the necessary changes in his office staff and policies to reflect it.  He was open, and was grateful for some education.  And for this, Marion and the rest of you who have sent me specific information and document links, I thank you.  Having that written information was very helpful for him to get straight into making changes - some of which he was completely unaware of as ADA requires.  It was a successful call, and we see no further need to act on it.  So thanks again for your help with this success.

Peter