[NAGDU] Shopping with a guide dog and indoor relieving?

Sandra Gayer sandragayer7 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 11:15:35 UTC 2019

Hello Everyone,
I've been researching, using books and lectures, as well as going over
recollections of guide dog teams I have come into contact with, in
real life. I'm back with more questions, if that's alright.

Assuming I have a treatbag on my belt, a bag of plastic/paper bags for
relieving purposes in another belt bag, an across the body handbag
with stuff I'd need for myself like tissues and eyewash hand
sanitiser, somewhere for a towel or kitchen roll to wipe the dog
before getting into cars or clean buildings like shopping centres,
where is the shopping going to go? How do I carry it? Keeping in mind
that, if possible, I'd need a hand which could be made available
quickly if I fell. Has anyone had good, or bad, experienceswith pull
along cases/trolleys? Pulling behind you or in front of you?
Backpacks? This last would be worse and could do damage if I fell but
I cold be wrong about this.

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Very best wishes,
Sandra.
My other question is, if the weather is bad, how do you get the dog to
relieve indoors or at least undercover where there's no grass?

--
Sandra Gayer DipABRSM, LRSM.

Soprano Singer
www.sandragayer.com