[NAGDU] Bringing a brand-new guide dog into New Zealand, or elsewhere

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jun 13 15:03:50 UTC 2019

Hi Bonnie.

That's really interesting that you were able to come back to the US, get a
new guide dog, and bring it back to NZ.  How did that work?  I'm assuming NZ
has quarantine and animal import regulations similar to Australia.  Even if
quarantine regs allow for the import of a dog with the proper chip, shots,
and paperwork, I know getting all that done takes some time.  So did TSE
select your dog beforehand, start the whole process, and then everyone hopes
nothing goes wrong with the match during class?

And, isn't it a *really long flight?

Just very curious how it all was managed.

Some days, I think about emigrating after I retire, if I can find a country
I like that would have me, so I'd like to know how it all works.

Tracy