[NAGDU] Travel crate

Julie Johnson julielj at neb.rr.com
Mon May 6 11:11:02 UTC 2019

I have looked and looked and there is nothing that I have found that works
similar to the Sport Pet in a larger size.  There are quite a few soft sided
crates, but they seem to have metal or PVC frames.  PVC would be
lightweight, but when I look at the item weight, it's over 10 pounds, which
is a lot for a travel crate.    The Amazon Basics soft sided 2 door crate
looks about the best I've seen.  Still it's 10 pounds and I cannot figure
out how exactly it folds down.

I bought a foldable crate for Monty years ago that was absolutely awful.
The frame was built into the doors, instead of the actual corners.  So when
you unzipped it, the whole thing collapsed.  To make it worse the door
hinged at the bottom instead of the top or side.  You had to be a gymnast
with a very cooperative dog to even get the dog in the crate.  You would
have to unzip, hold the fabric up with the other hand, encourage the dog to
go in even though it's collapsing on his head, then somehow bend over to
pick up the door without letting the roof fall onto the dog, then zip with
one hand while continuing to hold up the roof portion.   It only folded flat
when not in use, so something like 30 by 40.  I'm an average height person,
but it would still drag on the floor when I tried to use the included carry
handle.  Worst travel crate ever!

I will keep looking.  There has to be something somewhere.  I have looked
into having these custom manufactured, but the minimum order is in the
thousands of dollars.

Julie
On The Go with Guide-and-Service-Dogs.com
http://www.guide-and-service-dogs.com
also find my products in the Blind Mice Mega Mall
<https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/Directory_Departments?storeid=1916046>