[NAGDU] Questions from a potential future guide dog user.

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri May 10 18:46:41 UTC 2019

Hi Sandra.
I've had 7 dogs now, and most of them have enjoyed going new places.  Get
out of that old rut, oh yeah!  So long as they don't sense that I feel
anxious or lost, they're very happy to see new places.  Like others have
said, just let the trainers know you enjoy travel and need a dog who will
enjoy it, too.

One of the things about having a dog is you have to get used to people
talking about dogs wherever you go.  Sometimes they talk to each other, and
sometimes to me.  Sometimes they tell me things my dog has already told me,
like we're at some steps.  Other times, they expect the dog to do
everything, including reading traffic signals.  And they almost always think
the dog is bigger than he actually is, and that he won't fit somewhere, when
really he can fit a lot of places.
Tracy