[NAGDU] Treats and dressing well

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Mon May 20 18:35:39 UTC 2019

If using treats correctly with a well established team, I honestly
find it easier to just not use treats in situations where I need to be
well-dressed/professional. You could even carry a treat pouch on your
way to work and then take it off once you get there. I would imagine
treats would be more helpful on a long commute through a busy city for
example rather than in an office building. When I use treats, I use
them primarily outside anyway.

If the dog is brand new or you feel like treats would benefit working
on a particular issue that occurs around the office, keeping a few
treats in a purse is not a bad idea. A jacket pocket also works well
if you are taking the dog outside to relieve or something.

Otherwise, try to find a smaller treat pouch that does not have a
belt. The treat pouch I got from GDF is big, bulky, and has a
not-very-nice looking nylon belt. I now use a smaller treat pouch that
holds about a cup and has a clip to attach to a waistband. You don't
need to put a ton of treats in the pouch. Keep it light and it won't
pull on your clothes much. The absolute most kibble I've ever used in
one day was a half a cup, literally the first week or so I had Jackie.
Otherwise, I never use more than a few treat a day.

Danielle, Thai, and Jackie