[NAGDU] Boomer retires

Jean Menzies jemenzies at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 9 23:23:49 UTC 2019

Hello all,

I just thought I’d comment on my dog status. I got Boomer last February, and experienced issues of one kind or another from day one. I got very good help from the field rep from my school, and also from members of this list. Unfortunately, though, Boomer was returned to the school and retired back to his puppy raisers as a wonderful pet. They picked him up today. So he has gone full circle, and will now be able to live a wonderful life without the stress of being a guide dog.

I have an application in to The Seing Eye, and am awaiting the home visit. Being on the west coast, I have no idea how long that will take, but it will take as long as it takes. Now it’s the waiting game. I’m looking forward to this school change.

Jean and retired Bode