[NAGDU] Victory for guide dogs in MO.

Susan Jones sblanjones11 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 23 00:11:09 UTC 2020

WHAT A BLESSING!

-----Original Message-----
From: NAGDU [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Annette
Nowakowski via NAGDU
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2020 3:41 PM
To: nagdu at nfbnet.org
Cc: annettenowakowski at att.net
Subject: [NAGDU] Victory for guide dogs in MO.

A Victory For      Guide Dogs In Missouri

A 23 year old  lady works for Marshall's Department Store in their office.
In June, she received a dog guide from Gallant Hearts, and successfully
completed her in home training.  Her employer was aware of this and had no
problem with it.  However, when it came time for her to return to work, she
was told that she could return, but not to bring the dog.  The Missouri
Assn. of Guide Dog  Users contacted Protection and Advocacy who agreed to
take the case.   I am thrilled to report that the young lady is back at work
with her dog.  She was given even more hours at work than she had before.
We, together with this young lady,  celebrate and savor this sweet victory.

Annette Nowakowski

Secretary

Missouri Assn. Of Guide Dog Users