[NAGDU] PLEASE READ: U.S. Department of Transportation Announces Final Rule on Traveling by Air with Service Animals

mike at michaelhingson.com mike at michaelhingson.com
Thu Dec 3 01:52:28 UTC 2020

Remember that the new rule only says that airlines can require paperwork. Also, some airlines like American have had on their books for quite some time a provision that says they can ask to see a rabies certificate. They have not enforced it, but the option has been there for years.

I don't like being required to show any forms, but I always have kept a copy of Alamo's rabies certificate as an image on my smart phone just in case. I haven't fully read the new rule, but unless there is something ridiculous like requiring updated forms every month I can cope. Given the amount I travel in a "normal year", I'm not going to worry about a requirement that may or may not ever be mandated by the airlines.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson