[NAGDU] PLEASE READ: U.S. Department of Transportation Announces Final Rule on Traveling by Air with Service Animals

Scott Wilson s.wilson661 at icloud.com
Thu Dec 3 02:03:29 UTC 2020

It’s not completely out of the question for each airline to adopt it as part of their protocol. But, I don’t think all airlines are going to do it. They haven’t done it as of yet. Only a select few. There is some online information that they ask you as a handler, vouching for the legitimacy of your guide dog or/service animal. The other form that is due at the boarding gate is something that your veterinarian has to fill out once a year. It is very basic and does not ask any outrageous or unusual questions. So each year at my dogs veterinarian visit I have it filled out. And as far as I know my veterinarian doesn’t charge for it. But I wouldn’t doubt it if she did charge me something.