[NAGDU] PLEASE READ: U.S. Department of Transportation Announces Final Rule on Traveling by Air with Service Animals

Michael Forzano michaeldforzano at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 03:07:45 UTC 2020

i read through the PDF of the actual regulations. It does say that the form is a standardized one created by the DOT, and that it has to be made available to fill out electronically. So by the sound of it, we can theoretically fill it out, submit it to the airline and not have any sort of interaction about it at the airport. If that's the case, I'm not too worried about it. But the question of what airlines can do if they don't like something on the form is a good one. My concern is if there is too much room for interpretation in how this is implemented it could cause issues for us. For example what if someone is unaware that they need to fill out a form? The regulations state that it has to be made available at the gate, but obviously that would not be an accessible format. So who would assist in filling it out? The gate agent? As they are very busy they could easily make an argument that they don't have time to help without delaying the flight and deny boarding.

- Mike

Sent from my iPhone