[NAGDU] snowbanks

nellie at culodge.com nellie at culodge.com
Wed Feb 12 19:36:09 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I had our monthly guide dog call last night and a question that was brought
up was snowbanks.  One lady is having trouble with her dog not wanting to go
over snowbanks, the hard bump/mound of snow after the snowplow goes by,
leaving it on/next to curbs.  She said he thinks of it as an obstacle, and
tries to go around them instead of going over.  She said more often than
not, he tries to take her around, therefore ending up out in the road
somewhere other than the crosswalk, and then doesn't go across in a straight
line to the other side of the road.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Janell and Miss Rosy