[NAGDU] Notice of Proposed Rule-Making regarding service animals on airplanes

Michael Forzano michaeldforzano at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 20:18:14 UTC 2020

Not sure who all has seen this yet but DOT has released an NPRM today
regarding changes to the ACAA.
https://www.transportation.gov/individuals/aviation-consumer-protection/notice-proposed-rulemaking-traveling-air-service-animals

It appears to allow airlines to require that we present documentation,
and check in in advance of the general public so that our service
animals can be observed. This is not good and very surprising
considering that feedback from people with disabilities was supposedly
taken into consideration.

Will be interested to hear how NAGDU plans to respond. I plan to file
my own comments personally. I travel 1-2 times per month and having to
check in an hour advance of everyone else would be a huge
inconvenience.

Mike