[NAGDU] National Association of Guide Dog Users meeting announcements

Raul A. Gallegos (NFB) rgallegos at nagdu.org
Wed Jul 8 22:08:31 UTC 2020

Hello all, please share this wherever appropriate, especially other
guide dog user email lists.

The National Association of Guide Dog Users would like to invite you to
attend both its annual seminar and annual business meetings next week at
this year's virtual NFB convention. Because everyone will be busy
getting ready for convention, we will not be hosting the Yappy hour on
Saturday, July 11. If you are subscribed to the NAGDU public calendar of
events, you will already have the meeting dates and times on your
device. Please note that all times listed in this email are in Eastern.

We welcome all guide dog users and interested people to attend the
seminar and the business meeting. Registration is encouraged and can be
done from this link: https://bit.ly/2Ytkcj7

Following is the agenda for both the seminar and annual business
meeting. Please reach out to board at nagdu.org if you have any questions
or need assistance with registration.

The National Association of Guide Dog Users
2020 Annual Seminar
Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 2:00 — 5:00 p.m.

Zoom ID: 649 765 6712
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/6497656712
Registration: https://bit.ly/2Ytkcj7

A special thanks to our Sponsors
Guide Dog Foundation
On the Go by Julie Johnson
Texas Association of Guide Dog Users

The National Association of Guide Dog Users, a strong & proud division
of the National Federation of the Blind, is excited to offer the most
dynamic, informative events in the nation for guide dog users through
live streams on Zoom at our virtual national convention. Participants
are encouraged to register. Not only is it free, but registered
participants will be eligible for door prizes!

Welcome and opening remarks – Paul Sandoval
Celebrating the work of John Byfield – Marion Gwizdala
Maintaining a Healthy Guide Dog Team – Staff of The Guide Dog Foundation
The staff of the guide Dog Foundation will share resources they have
created to help stimulate your dog’s and your physical and mental health
during social isolation and beyond!
Advocacy and Access: Trends We Are Watching – Marion Gwizdala
Advocacy is an ongoing effort, and everyone has a part to play!
Harnessing Up – Updates from Our Guide Dog Training Programs
If you are interested in getting a guide dog, want to find out how they
really work, get to know what is involved in the application and
training process, and learn about the guide Dog User Lifestyle, this
session is for you! Guide dog training programs will share information
about their programs and guide dog users will help you understand what
is required when you come home.
Closing Remarks – Paul Sandoval

The National Association of Guide Dog Users
2020 Annual Business Meeting
Thursday, July 16, 2020, 3:00 — 5:00 p.m.

Zoom ID: 954 8027 0458
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/95480270458
Registration: https://bit.ly/2Ytkcj7
Pay annual dues via PayPal: https://paypal.me/nagdu/5

The National Association of Guide Dog Users, a strong & proud division
of the National Federation of the Blind, will hold its annual business
meeting through live streams on Zoom at our virtual national convention.
Come and join us for the most exciting and important meeting of guide
dog users in the United States. Participants are encouraged to register.
Not only is it free, but registered participants will be eligible for
door prizes!
A special note about membership: You must be a member of the National
Association of Guide Dog Users or one of its state affiliate divisions
to speak on the floor, make and vote on motions, vote, and hold office.
Members of NAGDU affiliate divisions are members of NAGDU. Membership
dues will be accepted until July 14 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern. Want a quick
and easy way to pay dues? Visit https://paypal.me/nagdu/5

Here are some of the highlights you will experience:
•	Elect our 2020 – 2022 leadership
•	The Uber & Lyft Settlements: How did they do? Timothy Elder, Lead
Counsel, Albert Elia, TRE Legal Services
•	Where Are We going: How Will We Get there? There are very disturbing
trends negatively impacting guide dog users. Do not be taken by
surprise. Get involved and make us strong!
•	Energizing reports from our affiliate divisions
As you can see, the National Association of Guide Dog Users events are
full of substance – the place to be if you are an active guide dog user
and advocate. Plan to join us and enhance your knowledge and
understanding. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get
in touch with us by email to: info at NAGDU.ORG
We will see you on Zoom!

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Vice President: National Association of Guide Dog Users
(832) 554-7285  |  rgallegos at nagdu.org

"Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap." -- Dr. Kenneth Jernigan