[NAGDU] Update on Leader Dogs Virtual Summer Experience Camp!

Sarah Calhoun sc-tico at att.net
Tue May 19 17:57:25 UTC 2020

Please feel free to share!

Leader Dogs for the Blind Virtual Summer Experience Camp 2020

Camp dates: Sunday, June 21-Friday, June 26, 2020
Application deadline: Friday, June 5, 2020

This free camp experience gives teens 14-17 years old in the U.S. and Canada
an awesome lineup of virtual activities to build their independence!
Participants will explore mobility options like guide dog travel, build
leadership skills and make lasting relationships with peers. Using Zoom
video conferencing, we will lead two 30-minute virtual sessions each day at
12 p.m. and 3 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Teens can look forward to a Q&A
session with a guide dog mobility instructor, a game session, a private
Facebook group to keep the fun going through the week and lots more!
Presenters include Leader Dog O&M Instructors, Leader Dog guide dog mobility
instructors and some special surprise guests! Participants will receive a
free LDB Virtual Summer Experience Camp t-shirt and a chance to win other
prizes including a Humanware Victor Reader Trek.

To confirm your commitment for this week of fun, please
<https://www.leaderdog.org/programs/summer-experience-camp/apply-for-virtual
-summer-experience-camp/> complete the online application by Friday, June 5.
You'll need to check your email regularly after applying for updates and
more information!

Thanks,

Rachelle

Director of Communications & Marketing
Leader Dogs for the Blind
1039 S. Rochester Rd. . Rochester Hills, MI 48307-3115
Direct (248) 659-5013
Toll Free (888) 777-5332

To learn more about our programs and services visit LeaderDog.org
<http://www.leaderdog.org>
We are always in need of volunteers to raise our puppies. Learn more at
LeaderDog.org/puppy <https://www.leaderdog.org/volunteer/raise-a-puppy>

Our mission is to empower people who are blind or visually impaired with
lifelong skills for safe and independent daily travel.

  <https://www.leaderdog.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/email_footer_20.jpg>

Sarah Calhoun