[NAGDU] Information about Contracts was Multiple applications

Paul Ferrara pferrara at aph.org
Mon Nov 2 17:22:20 UTC 2020

Kevan, I agree with you.
I don't believe schools are running around needlessly just grabbing dogs because they're bored and need something to do.
Considering most of us pay $0 for our dogs, what right do we have to make demands?
Are dogs being taken away unfairly--perhaps; however, I know of at least one current situation where someone who has no business having a dog continues to have one, abuse and mistreat it, and my only option is to contact Animal Control.
I can already tell you, Animal Control doesn't care.
So this person because of ownership policies, gets to keep this dog, keep abusing it, yelling and swearing at it, etc. Perhaps someone has a remedy for that situation?
Guide dog usage is a privilege, and it's time we started to remember that.
No school owes any of us anything.
We pay little or nothing to go, get mostly free equipment and training, so what is there to complain about?
If you don't like something one school does, don't go there.
Sometimes a little gratitude and humility is in order.
I've finally learned this now having worked with three previous dogs myself.

Paul Ferrara, CPACC and

Communications Accessibility Editor, Dot6
American Printing House
1839 Frankfort Avenue, Louisville, KY 40206
Main 502 895 2396
pferrara at aph.org