[NAGDU] Question Regarding Guide Dog Schools

Lynette Kersey wags2woofs at charter.net
Sun Oct 25 21:07:44 UTC 2020

Hi Megan,
I received my dog almost a year ago from Guiding Eyes in York Town New York. They are a good school. They train German Shepherds as well as Labrador Retrievers. The wait list for a Shepherd is on the long side. Most of the dogs in their kennels are labs. I would recommend checking out this school. Their training is tops. They also have a running program that people can take advantage of if they’re interested. Check out Guiding Eyes.org. They use food rewards. They also work with the student individually so that you can work with your dog confidently in all situations. They are also available if you have any questions or concerns.
I know the other schools have good training programs as well.

Lynette
Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking.
C.J. Watts