[NAGDU] Multiple applications

mike at michaelhingson.com mike at michaelhingson.com
Mon Oct 26 17:05:06 UTC 2020

I again urge anyone looking for a guide dog, especially first timers to apply to several schools. We all have our opinions and preferences. All the research you do will not compare with having conversations with several school representatives.

This is no different than looking for a college. Applying to several guide dog schools will give you the opportunity to have personal direct interactions with school personnel. You may even get ideas from one school interview you can use at other meetings.

Getting a guide dog is a major life decision. All research and interviews both for the school AND YOU will give you the best data on which to make the right choice. Also, as someone pointed out, once you make a decision and are accepted, take yourself out of the running for all the other schools to which you applied.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson