[NAGDU] Fwd: [seeing-eye] Sad News

Lyn Gwizdak gwizdaklyn at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 00:09:24 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,
I am shocked at this news about Charlie. I knew and worked with him in the
Blind Leadership Club during the time that group turned into the Bay State
Council of the Blind. Yes, indeed, Charlie wrote the first Constitution and
Bylaes for the new ACB affiliate.

At the time I knew Charlie, he had his guide "Patsy". Charlie was smart and
liked to use large words for which some of us teased him for. Charlie was
funny as hell, too. He and another BLC member would imitate Gomer Pyle from
the old TV show. They did the imitation together so it sounded like being
in stereo! He was also fluent in Spanish from spending time living in
Puerto Rico.

As I was going through old papers the other day, I came across an old
Seeing Eye Guide magazine that featured an article about Charlie. I kept
the article.

Terry and Frank Pacheco, I remember you from my Boston days. I hope all is
well with you folks. I cant believe it has been almost 50 years since our
days in the BLC in our youth!

Seeing Eye, Penny Reeder, thank you for sharing this.

Lyn Gwizdak with Aristotle who just turned 6 this month (TSE June 2016
class).