[NAGDU] NFB guide dog scharf

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Mon Sep 21 21:37:50 UTC 2020

Posting for a Federation Member.

Becky

Introducing the NFB Guide Dog Scarf.  First time offering.

Dressing up & getting out?  Well dress up your guide dog with this Special
embroidered dog scarf.

It is a silver gray 100% cotton scarf that measures 22" by 22" by 31" and

measures from neck edge down to point 16 inches.    You can tie this around

the neck or order it so collar can be slipped thru the top of neck area.

For a description of the logo please read the following:

The National Federation of the Blind has updated its logo in preparation for
the coming seventy-fifth anniversary of the organization. The new logo is an
updated, stronger reflection of our organizational characteristics and
values. The logo of the National Federation of the Blind consists of three

elements: a symbol and two text elements-our name and tagline. This blog
post describes the logo in detail.

The basic element of our logo is a contemporary, sleek, forward-facing icon
that is intended to convey creativity, movement, freedom, and warmth. We
refer to this icon as Opportunity, as it represents the opportunity we seek
for blind people, the opportunity to find blind people who have not yet
benefited from the organization, and the opportunity to determine our own
future and establish new levels of participation in our society. The
forward-facing Opportunity icon demonstrates respect.

Each icon is made up of four components. At the top of the icon is an oval
that is oriented vertically. The oval is above and not touching a middle
component, which is oriented horizontally and its ends curve downward. The
second component sits above, but not touching, a more sharply curved bottom
piece. The left side of the bottom piece of the icon is longer than the
corresponding right side as you look at the icon. The different lengths and
curves give the impression of motion. The color in each of these three
components (orange, green, blue) has a gradation from a light shade of the
color to a darker shade.

Our logo incorporates a symbol that we refer to as Our Movement. The Our
Movement symbol is composed of six Opportunity icons arrayed in a circle,
and conveys a feeling of movement, symbolizes individual actions
collectively focused (as the eye is drawn to the center of the circle), and
represents key values of the organization's brand-collective action, full
participation, love, respect, democracy, and courage. Our logo emphasizes
the plurality of Our Movement, instead of an individual icon, because we are
not alone; we are a group, a team, and a family, working together. The Our
Movement symbol also conveys the personality of the
organization-inspirational, innovative, powerful, and inviting. The colors
of the Opportunity icons in the Our Movement symbol (blue, orange, green)
represent optimism, love, unity, hope, confidence, growth, and energy-all of
which are important to our brand. The gradation of colors also reminds us
that we are a diverse organization and each of us has something to
contribute.

The two text elements are our name, National Federation of the Blind, and
our tagline, Live the Life You Want. The words "NATIONAL FEDERATION" are in
all capital, black letters.  The words start just below and to the right of
the top of the orange icon positioned at two o'clock.  The words "OF THE
BLIND" are in all capital, blue letters that are approximately twice as tall
as the "NATIONAL FEDERATION."  These are just below "NATIONAL FEDERATION,"

starting just above and to the right of the green icon's top.  The entire
"NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND" text is in a san serif font.  Below "OF
THE BLIND"

Scarves can be ordered allow 2 weeks for delivery.  $15 each plus $5
shipping-flat rate for as many as you order.

Joyce Kane

Kane Kids Shop

https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/.../shop/Directory_Departments?store...