[NAGDU] a public meeting invitation to discuss AirBNB and guide dog users

judotina48kg at gmail.com judotina48kg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 18:18:53 UTC 2021

Awesome.
Looking forward to the presentation.
Tina

-----Original Message-----
From: NAGDU <nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Raul Gallegos - NAGDU via NAGDU
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2021 8:53 AM
To: nfb-nagdu at nfbnet.org; NAGDU List <nagdu at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Raul Gallegos - NAGDU <rgallegos at nagdu.org>
Subject: [NAGDU] a public meeting invitation to discuss AirBNB and guide dog users

Hello everyone, we have setup a public meeting with our national office to discuss the AirBNB situation concerning guide dog users.
Specifically, one of the most recent situations where the iOS app bundles pets with service animals, making it difficult for a guide dog user to find appropriate bookings because the search results become limited to those hosts who only accept pets. As has been discussed and as many of us know, our guide dogs are not pets.

This meeting will take place this week on Wednesday, December 22 at 12 Noon Eastern time. This translates as 11 AM Central, 10 AM Mountain, 9 AM Pacific, and 8 AM Alaska. This meeting will be added to the NAGDU events calendar for those who subscribe to it. The Zoom invitation follows. Thank you and we hope to see many of you there.

The National Association of Guide Dog Users is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: NAGDU Business Meeting
Time: Dec 22, 2021 11:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84431263250

Meeting ID: 844 3126 3250
One tap mobile