[NAGDU] 4 years later

Stacie Gallegos shardy at nfbtx.org
Tue Feb 2 16:37:45 UTC 2021

					Hello All,

Let’s just say that February 2, 2017, was a day filled with great excitement and on my part, some anxiety. Just like expectant parents, Raul and I spent the day out shopping for last minute essentials. At the time, my guide dog, Cash was still with us, and he too also benefitted; as he discovered the tasty dental treats that would find their way into our home. At exactly 10:30 PM that evening, Larry arrived. Surprisingly enough, he and Cash hit it off, and would become best buds in a short amount of time.
Larry would often use Cash as his pillow, and our boys as they were known were a great source of laughter. Now, it’s Larry’s time to be the only dog, and he’s enjoying being the center of attention. Not only is Larry a wonderful guide dog for Raul, he’s been a tremendous help to me after the loss of Cash.
Happy 4-year anniversary to an awesome guide dog team. May you have many more fun-filled years of memorable adventures.
—
Stacie Gallegos
President: National Federation of the Blind Houston Chapter
Secretary: Texas Association of Guide Dog Users
Secretary: Texas Parents of Blind Children

E: shardy at nfbtx.org           H: stacieandcash at gmail.com
M: 346.704.0190               O: 832.639.4477

"Live the life you want: Blindness is not what holds you back”

> On Feb 2, 2021, at 9:53 AM, Raul Gallegos via NAGDU <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone, I am happy to share that today is the four-year anniversary from when I first met Larry back in 2017. It goes without saying that Larry is my guide dog however, considering that he has what I would consider a non-traditional dog name, I figured that I would put that out there as a disclaimer. In any case, I still remember that day as if it was yesterday. Larry and I were partnered here in Houston Texas and our training was done at home. This was during the Super bowl which also took place here in Houston texas. A great deal has changed since he and I became partners. Not only did I get married, but a new normal has come upon us. While he has not done as much guiding over the last eight months, he is still on top of it. He is such a character, still behaving as if he was 2 years old in many aspects, yet he does a great job when it comes to guiding. I believe that as the years pass, he will continue to have a very happy personality and will only be stopped by physical limitations. Thank you to guiding Eyes for the Blind for providing such a wonderful dog, and giving me the opportunity to enjoy a great partnership. I am looking forward to many more years with larry.

—
Stacie Gallegos
H: StacieAndCash at gmail.com    W: training at rgats.com
M: 832.779.7477               O: 832.639.4477
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PatriotsGirl7
Facebook: https://facebook.com/PatriotsGirl7
"In every guide dog, there beats the heart of a puppy raiser.”

—

E: shardy at nfbtx.org           H: stacieandcash at gmail.com
M: 346.704.0190               O: 832.639.4477

"Live the life you want: Blindness is not what holds you back”