[NAGDU] Consideration of Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation and their German Shepherds

Sean Moore seanmoore87 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 23:30:51 UTC 2021

Well  for  me, I  have  mild  hearing  lost. And  Rob  is 7 now and  can  sometimes  get  easily distracted and  sometimes  not. His  main  thing  is  dogs., very  badly.

For  me  its  faster  go with  my partner  when  beed be, I’m perfectly capable of  going  on  me  my  own  to  places but  in  our  part  of  atlanta  in the Virginia Highlands neighborhood, we  have  most  things  around  us.

For  me  I’m  a  24 7 kinda  person, its  probably because I am filipino  with  family centric values. While  we  do  spend time apart my  partner  in  bed  with the  tv on or  his  back  is  acting  up, with  rob  in  bed asleep,

If   Rob  wants  he’ll  come  to  play  and  then  get  bored  and  go  lay  in  bed  with  my  partner or  lay  under my  desk.

If  I  go  to  run  Rob  out  or  whatever  he’ll  look  for  my partner, but  once  he knows  he’s  not  coming  he’s  ready  to go.

Rob  is  very  packed  pack  focused, probably because his  raiser family  had  another  retired  dog  from SEGDI  and  when  he  came  home  with me, he  bonded  with  my  partner’s  working  guide  , a  black lab, like the  one he  grew up with.
 When  Moose  retired  and  moved  in  my  partner’s  family. Rob  was depressed  for  a  few  months and  has  taken  to  sleeping  in  the  bed  with  us  nightly. Where  before  he  would  sleep  with  Moose.

Rob  will  go  back  and  forth  between  our  bed  and  his  but  usually  end up  back  in  bed  with  us, usually  laying   squished in between us or  on  my  feet.

Maybe  my  like  of a  Shepard  is  just  wishful   want, and  I’ll  do a 3rd  lab, I don’t  know.

Even  the  idea  of  owner  training   catches my attention, but  I don't think I would have the patience or know how to do such a thing.

Oh  yeah  Rob  is  my  2nd from Southeastern, my  first  was  Franklin, a  black lab. He  was a bigger  built  lab  but  wasn’t  as  affectionate as rob.
Rob  always  wants to  be  touching  in  some way.