[NAGDU] Summer hiking with our dogs

Tara Briggs thflute at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 14:22:35 UTC 2021

Hi all! A week from tomorrow I will be going on a mid-level hike in the morning. It’s 1.2 miles up and 1.2 miles down. I have done  this before with my dog but the weather will be a little bit warmer. I am just interested in what means you have all found to keep your dog cool on a hike. I have heard of things like cooling jackets that the dogs can wear. Does anybody know about this? Also, is there some kind of protective cream for their paws in case the ground  is hot? My dog hates those booties and they don’t seem to stay on her feet. What is the best collapsible water bowl? I have one of those dog water bottles with a little ball stopper that they can lick in the water comes out but my dog doesn’t like it. Thanks so much for any suggestions!
Tara

Sent from my iPhone