[NAGDU] REASON FOR THE CRATE

Raul Gallegos (NAGDU) rgallegos at nagdu.org
Sat Mar 6 17:35:42 UTC 2021

Hello everyone, I have a crate for my dog and it's basically his safe space. He never gets disciplined near or in the crate and it's like an open-door office for him. In fact, many times during the day when he feels that he needs to get away from it all, or simply go somewhere comfortable, he will go into the crate on his own. On occasion, I put him in the crate with the door closed, but that is rare and never because he is in trouble. Both my wife and I always know where my dog is at and what he is doing and so even if the crate were to go away, that would not change. We have talked about replacing the crate with a tie down and a elevated pet beds but have not taken that step yet. So as of right now, he has both the crate, the elevated pet bed, and the couch to hang out in the living room.

/ Raul