[NAGDU] doggy repo

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Mar 8 13:48:01 UTC 2021

As Cindy says, there are members who think it's fine for the schools to retain ownership.  So it might be more productive to work on getting some kind of due process, so that a neutral party can hear both sides and mediate, rather than a school just swooping in and taking a dog with no recourse for the handler.  Can we all agree on that?  Otherwise, the thing seems ripe for intimidation and bullying.  Handlers will keep their heads down and not make waves, for fear they would get on someone's bad guy list.

Ownership is part of why I switched to The Seeing Eye.  And, before I switched, I noticed how TSE graduates were willing to speak out and challenge their school when they thought they were making poor choices.  They expected to be treated as equal participants in the school's success.  It made a strong impression on me.
Tracy