[NAGDU] doggy repo

Sandra Johnson sljohnson25 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 8 22:53:59 UTC 2021

Hi,

That is true.  When I was at GDF in 2008 I felt that the vet dog program got
all the attention and the best and healthiest dogs.  I was sent home with a
sweet dog and a fair worker who had hip dysplasia.  This resulted in
thousands of dollars in vet bills.  GDF refused to replace her but I bet
when one of the vets needs help paying vet bills or needs to retire an
unhealthy dog they got it.  I remember being at an ACB convention.  Tara's
trainer was there with this guy who had one of the dogs from the vetdog
program.  She spent all her time going around with him bragging up how great
GDF and VetDogs is.  While I was begging for her to take a walk with me
because Tara had just been diagnosed with cataracts and I needed to know she
was still safe.  Finally at the end of the week she managed a half hour with
me while she gave the entire week to that vet who was not blind, just needed
a dog for his emotional support.  Get real, who needed the trainer more, me
or the sighted guy?

Sandra