[NAGDU] My Letter of Resignation

David david at bakerinet.com
Tue Mar 9 21:36:53 UTC 2021

Marion, I am sorry to see you pull out of the organizations into which
you have poured so much of your heart and soul over these years. I
certainly understand.

An advocacy group should not take a neutral or deliberative stand on
such disgusting, egregious, and uconscionable behaviors that have
repeatedly been exhibited by SEGDI toward blind dog handlers. Positions
and challenges can always be changed after different new and verified
facts surface.

In the meantime, quick and aggressive actions by advocacy groups like
NAGDU and NFB are clear obligations that they assume on our behalf. Such
rapid responses are the only things that will stop such behavior in the
future.

Indecision, inaction, and delay are not acceptable. We hear these
deflections daily from bureaucrats. A rapid legal response and
aggressive publicity is warranted in these situations. It is clear that
in our current environment, sympathetic journalists can be found to
deliver these stories and arguments to the general public and to program
donors.

As Mike HIngson noted, "Either we fight for the rights of blind people
or we stop complaining. It really is that simple."

*David Clearwater, FL*
*david at bakerinet.com*